The investigators still have no concrete trace to the murder weapon in the case of the killed twelve-year-old Luise from Freudenberg in North Rhine-Westphalian Siegen.
Most recently, a good 30 officials had searched the area around the crime scene in a remote forest on the border of Rhineland-Palatinate and North Rhine-Westphalia on Tuesday – without success. "Currently, no further search is intended," said a spokesman for the public prosecutor's office in Siegen on Thursday.
The murder weapon would be important for the investigators despite the confession of the two twelve and 13-year-old alleged perpetrators. "Everything that objectively substantiates a confessed statement is relevant," the spokesman said. According to earlier information from the investigating authorities, a standard household knife is being sought.
Two girls, aged 12 and 13, confessed to stabbing twelve-year-old Luise to death on Saturday evening. Further information on the case, the prosecutor's office did not make reference to the privacy protection of the victim and the underage alleged perpetrators on Thursday.
The public prosecutor's office in Siegen has taken over the case from the previously competent public prosecutor's office in Koblenz. The act occurred just behind the state border in Rhineland-Palatinate – that's why the public prosecutor's office in Koblenz had taken over.
In the case of underage suspects, however, the place of residence is decisive for which authority is responsible - which is why the Siegen public prosecutor's office is now responsible, in whose area of responsibility the city of Freudenberg falls.